FAQs for TechBUZZ Presenting Companies
1. How do I apply to present at MAVA's TechBUZZ Conference?
In order to begin the application, you will need to click here and follow the directions on the website.
2. When is the application Due Date?
Application Deadline is 11:59pm on Monday, May 26th.
3. Is there a cost to apply/present?
No, there is no application fee. However, if selected, you will need to register your complementary ticket with a special discount code that will be provided by the MAVA staff for the presenter only.
4. What information do I provide in the online application?
You will be asked to include general company information - short descriptor (75-100 words) of your company as well as its URL and founder's contact information.
5. How much is the registration fee?
There is no charge to present if selected. The presenter receives one (1) complimentary registration.
6. What is included in the registration package?
- One (1) invitation to a networking event with investors (if your completed application is submitted by 5/26/14)
- A veteran coach to help fine tune the company pitch - assigned immediately after selection
- One (1) registration for the conference (includes ALL hospitality events)
- Tremendous marketing visibility from MAVA - online, PR, social media, and more
7. How is the information on the application used?
All the information requested is submitted to the selection committee as a one page profile for consideration. If selected to present, this will serve as your company profile in our TechBUZZ Conference book. Investors strongly rely on the submitted company description when deciding whether to listen to the pitch (Please pay close attention to the profile summary).
8. Can I change/update the information submitted prior to going to print?
Yes, you will be given an opportunity to make changes to your profile prior to submitting to the printer. There is a short window so we encourage you to note that date on your calendar. MAVA staff will communicate that to you in a timely manner.
9. When will I be notified of the selection committee's decision?
Every attempt will be made to notify all applicants by the week of June 2nd. However, depending on the number of applications, committee members may require more time to review the company profiles.
10. How much time do I have for my pitch?
Each presenter will have 4 minutes to give their pitch. Slides are accepted but we strongly recommend no more that 5 total in PPT format.. MAVA staff will provide detailed requirements/deliverables once you are selected to present.
11. Will I be provided a display table to demo my product?
You will be given the opportunity to demo your product at a display table.
12. Who is the MAVA contact to answer any questions/concerns I might have?
Please feel free to contact Kim Weir at email@example.com or 703.506.9300.