2011 Programming for MAVA Members
Signature 10 Events
Big Tent - Business Community
- Up-and-Comers: designed for associates of firms to network in a very informal format. (Multiple events during the year)
- U-Connect: A unique program that involves the top business schools across the region and provides insight into the latest innovations and research centers. This triple-win format combines a platform for MAVA member investors to address audiences and mingle with deans of engineering schools as well as investor networks and successful business alumni. A great place for recruitment of talent, but also to connect with some of the world-class research and innovation in our back yard, which may well be tomorrow’s next big investment.
- CEOConnect and CFO Golf Invitational and Networking Reception: Considered one of the best in the industry, this annual event will this year be a place to bring CEOConnect members and CFOs together with Investors across the spectrum of private investing.
- Vanguard Series: Seven on Seven, or other designated topic. These thought-provoking events offer opportunities to go long-and-deep on a relevant topic, or to hear some out-of-the box thinking from top thought-leaders across a spectrum of topics of interest to the broader membership.
- Chairman’s Spring Industry Forum – May 12. Special Shareholder session will serve as the Annual Meeting of Board of Directors in an exclusive closed-door session preceding Capital Connection ’11. Industry Speaker to be announced. Open only to board of directors, and supporting shareholders.
- Chairman’s Fall/Winter Industry Forum – December 5, 2011. Special Shareholder session will convene a Meeting of Board of Directors in an exclusive closed-door session preceding the Holiday Luncheon and Entrepreneur Showcase. Industry Speaker to be announced. Open only to board of directors, and supporting shareholders.
Specialty Investor Events (designed exclusively as a key investor benefit)
- Summit Dinner: Having a small, intimate setting to include key senior decision-makers of sought-after corporate strategics is of importance to both our investors and key portfolio companies. These dinners will bring invited CEOS & Senior Business Development and M&A professionals from select enterprises together for one-on-one networking and discussions.
- Family Office Dinner: This special event will afford participating funds the opportunity to host a current family office LP or prospect for a first-class event, with destination dinner and wine pairing with wine expert Ben Gilbrati. Connecting with this ever-important community of regional investors with increasing interest and importance to investors is an important outreach for our member funds.
- Private Equity Dinner: These gatherings provide direct discussions between and among partners of some of the regions top funds for candid peer discussion and industry connections.
- Private Equity Roundtable: Business session with industry thought-leader (to be announced) will be followed by our annual fall seasonal kick-off event to be held in Washington DC.
Plus, Flagship Industry Events
Capital Connection™ 2011 Conference: This 25-year platform provides one of the best-in-class events found anywhere. Package holders will receive allotted tickets per package, and will also have preferred ticket pricing for any additional tickets needed.
Life Sciences Industry events: Whether it is our jointly hosted Mid-Atlantic Bio Forum (scheduled for Fall 2011), or Mid-Atlantic Bio conference (scheduled for 1Q12), or a Vanguard programming dedicated specifically for the Life Sciences community, these business gatherings are best-in-class.
Special Interest Group Events:
Complimentary participation in one of our special interest groups that occur throughout 2011 is made available to our leadership package holders, which typically include breakfast roundtables with specialty industry sectors such as CleanTech, Education, Life Sciences, Software, etc.